What is Dedicated Server?
A dedicated server is a type of remote server that is dedicated to an individual, organization or application.
With a shared hosting plan, a customer shares a server with multiple customers. Whereas, in a dedicated server a customer leases a whole server along with all of its resources.
Do I need a Dedicated Server?
Dedicated Servers are ideal for medium/large businesses and heavy-traffic websites. It provides maximum customization, configuration, and overall flexibility.
How can I get my website transferred for free?
To get your website transferred for free, you need to get in touch with our Support team
within one month of purchase. For additional information, click here
What level of access do I get with my Dedicated Server?
You get full root access, which means you have administrative control of your server.
Do you have managed Dedicated Hosting services?
Yes. We have managed hosting services for Dedicated servers, which can be purchased as an add-on with our new or existing dedicated products. Under managed dedicated servers, our server specialists will help you with server management, proactive monitoring and will be available round the clock for advanced support. To know more about managed services for Dedicated servers, click here
Which control panels are provided?
For the management of the server, you will get access to the Server Management Panel, through which you can carry out operations like Start, Stop, Restart, Rebuild and Reset Password.
For the management of Hosting, we offer cPanel/WHM as an add-on. It is auto-installed when this add-on is added to the cart during the purchase of the server.”
Do you offer any billing panels?
Yes, we do offer WHMCS as a billing panel for your dedicated server. You can purchase the license from us at a minimal cost, and then install it on your dedicated server.
How long will it take for my server to be ready for use?
The provisioning system will get your server ready in minutes, ensuring that you get access to your server instantly.
How do I access my Dedicated Server?
There are several ways to access the server:
SSH - access your server through any SSH client using root credentials
cPanel - access and manage your server through the cPanel/WHM control panel
Dedicated Server Control Panel - Stop, start and restart your server through our web-based control panel, which comes bundled with every server.
Can I transfer my existing website to HostGator India?
You can migrate your Web Hosting package from another Web Hosting provider to HostGator India by following the steps mentioned here
. For further details, please contact our Support team
Do you have a backup & recovery solution for Dedicated Servers?
Yes. We offer Acronis Cyber Backup & recovery solution for your dedicated server, which can be purchased at an additional cost.
- Acronis backup helps to take full or incremental backups of database, files, mailboxes & disks regularly, depending upon daily, weekly, monthly frequency selected.
- The dedicated server backup data can be restored instantly & quickly, and is also completely secure against ransomware.
- Acronis backup is available for USA & Asia server locations. On purchase of incremental backup volume, the new volume will be added to an existing Acronis panel (depending on the location).
- Acronis Backup add-on is available in the purchase flow for our new customers and in the control panel for our existing customers.
- Acronis Cyber Backup add-on is not covered under the money back guarantee refund policy.
- The tenure & renewal cycle of Acronis backup is not dependent on the tenure of the dedicated server purchased.
How many cPanel accounts are included with Linux Dedicated Servers?
Our Linux Dedicated Servers come with access to cPanel accounts, and usage of up to 100 cPanel accounts is considered as an acceptable or normal usage. In case your hosting account exceeds this threshold, you will be billed for each additional cPanel account, at our then current rates.