While bloggers are extensively using WordPress for their blogs, many businesses have also invested in this platform to build their eCommerce stores. It is without a doubt that WordPress has shot to popularity because it is a highly customizable platform, but it is the thousands of plugins that make it even better.
These plugins are responsible for supercharging your website by adding functionality to the WordPress core. Without the plugins, you will probably have to code the functionality yourself or depend on a web developer.
With over thousands of plugins to choose from, you’re probably wondering which ones are best for your eCommerce website. We’ve narrowed it down to 7 Best Ecommerce Plugins for WordPress Websites
1. WooCommerce: Powering more than 28% of all online stores, WooCommerce is the most customizable eCommerce platform for WordPress websites. Whether you want to sell physical or digital products, subscriptions or services, WooCommerce will make it super easy for you. Some of the key features of this plugin include:
- Ability to sell anything, anywhere
- Built-in payment options
- Customizable shipping options
- Tax calculation based on customer’s location
Besides these features, you get access to hundreds of free and paid extensions that will add a ton of functionality to your website.
2. Beeketing for WooCommerce: This All-in-One marketing automation platform for eCommerce websites will put your marketing efforts on steroids. Built to integrate with WooCommerce seamlessly, this plugin has all the features you will need to boost sales. Some of the features include:
- Upsell & Cross-sell related products
- Bundle up frequently bought products
- Provide cart level discount
- Send out cart abandonment emails
- Chat with customers with Facebook messenger without leaving the website
Most of the features are free and require absolutely no expertise to install and configure the plugin. Highly recommended!
3. OptinMonster: If you’re looking to grow your email list and get more subscribers then Optinmonster is the go-to plugin. The platform allows you to build popups like slide-ins, welcome gates, floating header and footers and much more. You can also create campaigns that will trigger these pop-ups when someone is about to exit the page or has spent a specified amount of time on a particular page. OptinMonster also easily integrates with most popular email marketing platforms making it easier to run your email marketing campaigns.
4. 404page: This plugin allows you to create a custom 404 error page easily and is compatible with almost every theme. Unlike other plugins, a 404 page created by this plugin doesn’t create redirects. This action allows search engines to understand that the page doesn’t exist and has to be removed from the index. Additionally, the 404page plugin does not create any additional server requests that are responsible for increasing your website load time.
5. SEO Yoast: With more than 5 million active installations, SEO Yoast is hands down the best SEO plugin for WordPress websites. Ever since it began in 2008, the feature list has grown exponentially, ensuring that it is up to date with the latest SEO trends. Setting up the plugin is relatively easy, thanks to the abundant resources from the creators and the tech folks. If you’re an eCommerce website, you cannot afford to lose out on such an excellent tool that will reduce your SEO efforts and help you get organic traffic.
6. Quick and easy FAQS: This plugin uses custom post type and shortcodes to easily add FAQs to your website. Every eCommerce website must have a FAQs section. It allows your customers to quickly get answers to frequently asked questions without having to contact support staff.
7. WP Live Chat Support: Live chat has made it easier for customers to get their questions answered without the need for making a phone call. In fact, a study by ApexChat revealed that live chat can increase online leads by an average of 40%. If you haven’t got a chat option enabled on your eCommerce website then you’re probably losing out on a lot of opportunities. With the WP Live Chat Support plugin, one can quickly setup the entire chat system on their website. The plugin comes with a lot of features in the free version. However, if you need more functionality like reporting, ROI tracking and customization of the chat windows then you will need to upgrade to the pro version.
So there you have it, 7 WordPress plugins to supercharge your eCommerce website. Are we missing any plugins that should be included in this list? Let us know in the comments section.