The COVID-19 pandemic has gripped many nations & thrown our daily lives into disarray. Quarantine has become the new normal as we’ve learnt to adjust to working from home, changing our schedules around, taking business meetings over video calls and working around family, kids & pets.
While many of us are using this opportunity to try new recipes, learn an instrument, and/or read more, we thought it would be a good idea to upskill in this time too. If you’re a developer, this is a great time for you to learn a new coding language. If you’re a marketeer or an entrepreneur, use this time to see how you can better reach your audience & grow your business. If you’re a designer, now is the time to A/B test your new website design & learn how you can improve. So, we’re here to help. We’ve made a list of some of the best learning courses available online so you don’t need to look elsewhere. Let’s explore.
Lynda.com (now known as LinkedIn Learning)
Lynda.com was founded in 1995 and is now an online learning platform which is a LinkedIn company. Lynda has courses designed to help upskill in business, technology, design, development and more.
- It offers over 700 web design development courses
- Currently offering a few free courses in the lockdown time. Otherwise, you can try the 1-month free trial.
- It is a responsive website so you can study on the go, on your mobile with ease.
- The app is available for Android, iPhone and iPad
- Create your own playlist and manage the courses you want to watch. Bookmark videos, skip chapters in a course as well as watch the entire course depending on your needs.
Udemy is a leading online learning platform. They too cover courses on design, development, digital marketing, programming, etc. They offer some of the best online development courses.
- User ratings help you pick the right course
- Content is always up-to-date, keeping in mind the latest updates to coding languages etc.
- Offer a free 30-day, money-back guarantee trial
- Design, development & marketing are their most popular categories (i.e. top online course categories)
Digital Unlocked is Google’s free online courses to get you ahead in the game. Yes, I said free.
- Certification is given for many of the courses
- Filters to select the right course according to your need
- Especially great to learn the ropes of business
Hubspot Academy provides a range of free courses to equip you with the skills for sales, social media, content marketing, email marketing, SEO etc.
- Globally recognised certifications
- Add industry-recognised badges to your LinkedIn profile
- Learn new skills on popular business topics
- Bite-size courses available for busy professionals like yourself
Coursera is another online learning platform but it stands out from the others because it provides courses & training from universities & companies. Python & Machine Learning are two of their top online course topics.
- Coursera collaborates with 190+ universities & companies to provide training
- More than a certificate, you could even get a degree in a topic of your choice
- They provide self-paced quizzes & hands-on projects
- Get certificates or diplomas upon completion of the course
We hope you make the most of these top online courses & use this time to get an edge over your competition. Skills that you take a little time to learn can help you go a long way in your career. We understand that these are difficult times but we at HostGator, want to ensure we equip you with the right resources & information to help you further your business.
Do take a few minutes to check out our blog on Events and Meetings Cancelled: How to Network During COVID-19 to see how you can grow your business even in this time.