Are you planning to start an online business with the launch of a website? The first and foremost thing you come across while creating a website is a variety of web hosting plans. Thus, the choice of the right web hosting service becomes more important. True, that there is a range of choices when it comes to hosting a website. While each of the services has its own share of pros and cons, it is best advised to begin your online journey with Shared Hosting. Let us understand what Shared Hosting is and whether it is the ideal choice for your website.
What is Shared Hosting?
Shared Hosting is a hosting type wherein a single physical server is divided to host multiple websites. All the server resources offered by the hosting providers are shared between the websites hosted on a Shared Hosting server. Considering the fact that multiple sites share the server space, the cost of hosting a website in the shared environment is less. This makes Shared Hosting an extremely affordable hosting solution. In simple terms, Shared Hosting is similar to renting an apartment with others. Though the given space(room) is dedicated to the owner, facilities such as electricity and water are shared with all.
Is Shared Hosting Good for Your Website?
Now that we know what Shared Hosting is, the next question that arises is whether this hosting is ideal for your website. Factually, Shared Hosting is one of the most economical forms of hosting services and providers offer various plans at affordable rates. However, the features associated with Shared Hosting services aren’t confined to the cost-effectiveness. Instead, they extend to a lot of other aspects, such as:
- Significant Disk Space: When hosting a website, disk space is one of the most basic needs. Even the simplest plan by Shared Hosting offers a disk of 10GB. Given that you have just started with your website and the requirements are pretty less, server space of 10GB is more than needed. Additionally, when the website grows, and the needed server space exceeds the limit, Shared Hosting providers give users the ease to upgrade their plans to unmetered disk space.
- Email Support: Apart from offering a server space, Shared Hosting also provides free email accounts in their plans. Whether the website is used as a blog or as a business website, having a dedicated business email is a must. With a Shared Hosting plan, you get five email accounts with the starter plan.
- SSL Certificate: With the rising concern for cybersecurity, a significant aspect for a website is its security. Thankfully, Shared Hosting, though cheap, comes with the ability to install an SSL certificate, ensuring total safety and data privacy. Most Shared Hosting providers offer free SSL with their plans.
- Control Panel: Shared Hosting plans accommodate access to the control panel, which is used to manage and monitor all activities of the website. Also, the hosting plans can be tracked and monitored using the cPanel or Plesk control panel.
- Technical Support: Apart from providing all of the features mentioned above, Shared Hosting also provides total support for the installation of the server and integrating other solutions, if needed. All the backend maintenance and monitoring work are executed by the hosting service provider so the website owner need not worry about the same.
Benefits of Shared Hosting That Make it a Good Choice:
- Cost-effective: One of the obvious advantages of investing in Shared Hosting is its affordable price. It is an ideal choice for beginners on a budget and sceptical about how the site will grow.
- Eliminates the Need to Hire Experts: When hosting a website, there are multiple things to be done. Starting with configuring the site to maintain the same, checking for updates and complying by the security norms, everything has to be in place to ensure a smoother workflow. A website owner may not have the required expertise and would need to hire one. Thankfully, Shared Hosting service providers offer all of these services as part of their plan. Their team is responsible for looking after the server and associated undertakings so that you can focus on your website.
- Ease of Use: Managing websites, emails, and other settings is a job that every owner must do. Shared Hosting plans offer access to a control panel that acts like a dashboard and facilitates all of the above. The interface is intuitive and does not require any additional knowledge to use the panel.
As it appears, Shared Hosting comes with a bundle of benefits. And each of these tends to simplify your job of hosting a website. It would be wrong to state that this hosting solution is error-free, but when you are a beginner and unaware of the hosting world, playing safe is always better. Shared Hosting offers all that is needed to host a website. What’s best is that these services are all priced at low rates and are ideally affordable for users who are testing their fate in the online spectrum. As a starter, it would be best to invest less and then expand, based on the needs and requirements of the website.
In the end, it seems obvious that Shared Hosting is ideal for beginners and the medium-sized organizations that have basic hosting requirements. Based on the need, you can select a service provider and a Shared Hosting plan.
To know more about the other web hosting categories and to choose the right option for your business, visit our Hosting Blogs Category.