Brace yourself for another amazing product update! This time we’re thrilled to announce an upgrade to our VPS SSD product. Until now, our VPS product (SSD plan in the US) only supported plan upgrades which included Cores, RAM & Disk combined. With the Block Storage launch for VPS SSD, you can now easily expand the storage.
What is Block Storage?
Block storage, also known as block-level storage, is used to store data in fixed-sized blocks on cloud-based environments or Storage Area Networks (SANs). These fixed-sized blocks (or volumes) on the Block storage are independent of other blocks or even the primary disk of VPS. The data on these volumes can only be accessed through a VPS.
An advantage of this product is that each volume appears as a separate Mount Point on your server, and thus can be used as a Local or Additional Disk.
Key Features of Block Storage:
- All SSD Block Storage for high performance
- Highly Available & Remote Storage
- Choose the Exact Size
- Use multiple volumes with a VPS
- Resize existing volumes up to 500 GB with ease (Coming Soon)
- Move volumes to other VPS under your account (Coming Soon)
- Persistent Data Availability – Detach volumes from the server to retain your data
Updates Rolling with the Current Launch
- The new Block Storage is set up and available only with our VPS US (SSD) plans
- The new storage solution is designed for scalability and flexibility in terms of size options, and it is easy to understand & manage it for your VPS
- The new storage solution can be used with any VPS order (in the same data centre and under the same customer account)
Here is the feature comparison table for our old Block Storage and the new Block Storage offering:
Current Launch Covers:
- The new Block Storage is rolled out only for VPS US (SSD) plans
- The Volumes can be purchased only via the order management panel (Refer our KB for a detailed step-by-step process: https://manage.hostgator.in/kb/node/3307)
- Each Volume is a separate product, with its own lifecycle and renewal
- Move Service and Manual Formatting features are unavailable at the moment
What to Expect in Future Launches?
Our aim, as always, has been to improve your experience with our products so that you can make the most of your hosting plans. Some of the features that you can expect in the future product rollouts:
- Instant Volume upgrades
- Disk Utilization monitoring and upsell triggers
- Attach or Detach Volumes between VPS’s as needed
If you would like to know more about the product, kindly check out the following:
Manual Mounting: https://manage.hostgator.in/kb/node/3309
API Documentation: https://manage.hostgator.in/kb/node/3283
Do check out our Hosting Blog Category for more such updates & the latest in the web hosting space.