Visitor traffic is the lifeline of your blog. Without any traffic to your blog, the whole purpose to reach out to your audience and voicing out your opinion is lost. But how easy is it to get traffic to your blog?
Getting paid traffic is easy, but that doesn’t really give you an idea of how well your blog is doing organically and in the long run, won’t be feasible monetarily. There are many ways in which you can get free traffic to your website, but it’s going to take some work. To make things a little simpler for you, we’ve put together seven different tips that will help you get organic traffic for free. Let’s check them out.
1) High-Quality Content: Quality content acts as a magnet to attract good traffic. Articles that are focused on solving problems and bring value to your audience are considered as high-quality content. Google also rewards high-quality articles by placing them on the top of the search engine results ensuring that you get excellent visibility. Here are some of the ways you can write quality content:
- Focus on your niche and bring value: It’s important that you focus on writing content around the niche that interests you the most. Your passion will drive you to churn regular content that can give real value to your audience. Your focus should be to solve issues of your target audience by providing unique solutions. This strategy will help you stand out from others and ensure that you get regular traffic.
- Do Keyword Research: You need to understand what your audience is talking about and sharing. That’s where keyword research will come into play. Keywords will ensure that your study is focused and that you churn out the right kind of content for your audience. Having the right amount of keywords used naturally in the article will also do wonders for your blog’s SEO
- Write Head Turning Titles: Good titles make your article irresistible. Your headline is the first thing a visitor will encounter about your blog, so make it right. Experiment with different titles and see what best works for each blog post.
- Use Different types of Media Content: Use images and videos that complement your blog post. Any complex content that can be represented in the form of an image will make it easier for your readers to digest. Explainer videos also add significant value to the article and help to reduce bounce rates.
- Validate your findings: Your content stands valid only if you’re able to back it up with the right amount of research. Sharing statistics or resources from credible external sites will assure the reader that you’ve done your homework before stating your facts.
2) SEO: When it comes to getting free traffic to your blog, Search Engine Optimization(SEO) is a low hanging fruit. There are a lot of strategies involved in SEO, and if done correctly, you will see the benefits of it soon. Also, search engines like Google bring regular updates to their algorithm so you will need to be on top of your SEO game to ensure that you reap the full benefits. Here are some things you can do to improve your site’s SEO
- Improve page load speed: Search Engines like Google and Bing have built algorithms to rank fast loading sites higher on the search engine results. You too can increase the page load speed of your blog by optimizing image size, writing clean code, reducing redirects and investing in localized hosting.
- Optimize for Mobile: With an increasing number of people browsing on mobile, it is imperative that you optimize your blog for mobile devices. Search engines too are penalizing websites that are not mobile optimized by lowering their search engine rankings.
3) Interlinking: If you want a visitor to stick around longer and read more of your blog articles then you will need to adopt the strategy of interlinking. This strategy involves adding links to other relevant articles in your blog, giving the reader more content to consume. If the interlinking is done well then the visitor will be able to judge your entire effort on the blog rather than just your recent blog post. To see excellent examples of interlinking you should check out Wikipedia.
4) Community Engagement: One of the most crucial strategies to get free traffic to your blog is by being a part of a community and actively contributing to it. Answering questions on forums or QnA portals such as Quora will improve your credibility and will eventually lead visitors to your blog. Attending events that are focused around your niche gives you a better opportunity to learn or share your learning with the community. All these activities will provide excellent visibility for your work and will help get quality free traffic to your blog.
5) Social Sharing: There are times when a visitor can get impressed with one of your articles and would like to share it with his network. At this point, a social sharing button that allows users to share articles across various social networks quickly will do wonders for your blog. The format in which the blog gets shared in each social network via this tool is far more appealing than just sharing a link on the wall. You never know which post might get viral and give you loads of free traffic. If you still haven’t added the social sharing options to your blog, then drop everything and get this feature included immediately.
6) Guest Blogging: One standard way of increasing blog traffic is by allowing guest bloggers to write for your blog. Wondering how someone else writing on your blog will help get traffic? Pretty simple, the blogger is going to share the blog with his network which will not only give visibility to his work but also to your blog. Likewise, you should be open to writing guest posts for others good blogs as this will help you get more visibility for your blog.
7) Blog Subscribers: How do you get your blog visitors to come back to your blog? Very simple, you convert your visitors into subscribers. Anyone subscribing to your blog is giving you the resolve to send them email notifications about new content. You can place a module at the end of the blog post that encourages customers to enter their email address to become subscribers. The message in that module could be as simple as ‘Like what you read, subscribe now and get awesome content delivered directly to your mailbox’. This list of subscribers is valuable to every blogger and should be treated with utmost care. Avoid spamming your subscribers and only share content that can potentially help them learn something new or solve a burning issue.
We hope these tips help you achieve your goals of getting quality traffic to your blog. Feel free to share your tips on how to increase blog traffic in the comments section below.
Are you still looking to build your blog? You should consider building your blog on WordPress. It’s the most popular Content Management System for building websites or blogs. At HostGator, we provide WordPress Hosting that makes it easier to build and manage your site. You can check out our plans for WordPress Hosting or simply chat with us if you have any queries.